Sometimes our biggest battle as real estate agents are our own mindsets. Mindset is critical to help us overcome the challenges that come with the daily ups and downs of our business!
So, it’s super important to cultivate and strengthen yours.
So how do we go about doing this?
Here are my top tips.
1. Start by building a solid baseline. Set clearly defined goals for you, your life and your business. Having these already determined will help you in times when your mindset gets a little wonky. These goals will keep you focussed on your end result and bring you back into alignment when need be.
2. Block out all the haters! When you start to play bigger, it’s a given that there will be people that want to drag you down. Block them out whether it be strangers on the internet, people in your circle or within your work environment.
3. Find time to look after yourself, whether this is via mediation, exercise or taking time for yourself. Self-care is super important in helping you keep a winning mindset.
4. Always be learning – self-education and learning from others is a key ingredient when you are working on your growth mindset!
5. If you are having issues with negative thought patterns, learn the tools of how to deal with them when they come up!
6. Just back yourself and believe in yourself. You’ve worked so hard to get yourself here. You’ve done the work, now believe in yourself!
And lucky last, find a professional who can help inspire you, motivate you and teach you how to get your mindset to push you to where you want to be.
For me, that has been Dr Phil Jauncey, who I’ve worked with over the years through my career, business and personal life.
Dr Phil Jauncey is a performance psychologist, educator personal success mentor who works in the areas of sport and performance. He tackles the more technical mindsets of self-development and gets back to basics.
Phil has an INCREDIBLE resume from working with the BEST of the BEST.
He is currently working with the South Sydney NRL team. He was the psychologist with the Sri Lanka Cricket team in 2018, and in 2016 and 2017 was the psychologist with the Bangladesh Cricket team. He recently retired from the Queensland Bulls Cricket team after 20 years. He was mental skills coach with the Brisbane Lions AFL team from 1994 until 2008 and sports psychologist with the Brisbane Broncos NRL team from 1993 for 15 years and resumed working with them in 2017 and 2018. He has also been involved with the English Rugby League team. He is an on-call advisor with the Queensland Academy of Sport and Australian Institute of Sport and has worked with various international athletes across a variety of sports. He has been a psychological consultant to the Australian Cricket Team between 2001 and 2008. He was also an attending sports psychologist at the Olympic Games in Barcelona 1992 (Roller Hockey), Sydney 2000 (Baseball, Softball and Beach Volleyball) and Athens 2004 (Baseball, Diving and Coordinating psychologist for the Australian team).
Dr Phil is one of the Rockstar speakers for my Mastermind group!
He’ll be teaching our participants all about how to build a strong mindset and the power of positive doing – understanding of the difference between positive thinking and positive doing, and why action is so important.
Find out more and apply here: www.sherriestoror.com/mindset